When I was very young I didn’t understand how people can hold on to someone no mater how much poison the person was feeding them.
“So do we ever really get over an ex? No matter how badly they hurts us? Why keep going back to them?”
“Why can’t frenemies just part in peace and walk away from supposed friendships?”
“Is there ever any real reason to hang on to those who just don’t understand you?”
To any question of the sort I say don’t bother. Walk away in peace while there are still good memories to be remembered. After today I understand why that is not the answer.
If you ever walk away from any type of relationship you are walking away from a little piece of your integrity too. Walking away means that every time you ever looked that person in the eye and said “I love you” or talked about how “I’ll always be there for you…..you lied.
In those moments we did mean it, even without fully understanding what we are saying to each other. We throw it around so casually we really forget what it means to love someone. It’s not a promise we can always keep because some situations it is best to walk away and never look back.
That is not every situation, which people are forgetting more and more as time grows old. Today I realized that we give up on love far to often and to soon. If only we could sit and eat some humble pie together washed down with some understanding so many types of relationships would be in such a healthier place.
I wish we wouldn’t give up so quickly on our friends, family, and romances. I wish we gave “I love you” to someone and meant it. I guess I’m just wishing for to much. I guess it is so hard for people to see that John Lennon was right and “love is all you need.”
Even though people will walk away from you, it doesn’t mean you have to walk in the opposite direction. It’s not easy to chase after them, but if you leave a window or something open at least there is hope that one day they will realize that genuine love that we are created for is not something so easy to give up.
- tjioesthewhales reblogged this from stainedglasswindow
- catchu reblogged this from stainedglasswindow
- st3fnii reblogged this from stainedglasswindow
- littlemissk reblogged this from stainedglasswindow
- perhapslater likes this
- iamlostinlove likes this
- dinhner reblogged this from stainedglasswindow and added:
- imgraceful likes this
- laltresolei likes this
- hisearthlylight likes this
- unseenjourney reblogged this from stainedglasswindow
- starstruckrhapsodies reblogged this from stainedglasswindow
- seaniegibbs likes this
- kennymoocao likes this
- jude-whaaa reblogged this from staypozitive
- abittersymphony likes this
- sophiadvn likes this
- ohhalyssa reblogged this from stainedglasswindow
- onceuponatimehewasmine likes this
- thehardtruths reblogged this from valerietan
- theloverstraces reblogged this from stainedglasswindow
- stephfurniss reblogged this from stainedglasswindow
- ohhalyssa likes this
- valerietan reblogged this from staypozitive
- valerietan likes this
- ukulela reblogged this from stainedglasswindow
- nagpapantasya likes this
- breakiingbarriiers likes this
- inzpire365 reblogged this from untitledfairytale
- inzpire365 likes this
- untitledfairytale reblogged this from stainedglasswindow and added:
- fuckyeahthatgirl reblogged this from inzpire365
- yue-xi reblogged this from stainedglasswindow
- stainedglasswindow posted this